Why we were engaged?
GSK recognised that creating a cloud-based platform with integrations that drove functionality was key to providing real-time, accurate, sales information to both clients and management, yet moreover – the centralisation of data and enablement of automation & analytics. Early on it became clear a key business outcome was to enable software automation so the transformation of internal and client processes was realised.
At the same time, the buyers user experience was suboptimal with no user group considerations. A lack of functionality meant that there was low engagement from buyers, with few logging in besides to submit orders. Needs needed to be mapped, behavioural assumptions challenge and stakeholders brought together to streamline services delivered whilst updating the front-end to reflect the growing expectations from digital products.
Our heritage in delivering software products & integrations into the healthcare & pharma sectors meant we were a natural partner to replace an existing customer-facing web portal.
What we did:
- Working with GSK senior leadership team we mapped a new journey and user interface (UI) to allow the customer to understand the product mix required to maximise their rebates and therefore increase total sales
- Collaborated closely with the GSK IS team to build bespoke API’s to overcome regulatory requirements so that we could integrate GSK’s global systems to the new portal
- Created various user groups with unique views when logging in – for example, GSK’s account management team would be able to quickly see when rebate quotas were due and the last time buyers had engaged the portal, triggering an action
- Advanced Google Analytics provided real-time engagement insights, allowing a focus on accounts needing a reminder
- Introduced automation to reporting, data uploads and buyer alerts
- Custom integration into GSK’s global sales system, overcoming regulations around data protection to deliver functionality to buyers via live data
- Through a cloud-based portal, we have created a centre point for all operational data to be collated, enabling automated data processing, and laying the foundation for Machine Learning to predict behaviours and sentiment
Analysing sales performance with advanced analytics and data-derived insight:
- With the system being at the heart of GSK’s B2B operations meaning full integration into the supply chain, sales CRM and customer portals – this created a central point for data and a foundation for machine learning predict sales behaviours.
- Automated buyer insights being delivered on recent portal logins, pages viewed or missed rebates quotas allowed the sales team to focus attention more effectively
- SLT having oversight reduced admin time and translates into greater visibility of individual training needs, customer behaviours around key trading periods and greater business forecasting